This shows the west end of the southern arcade of the nave with St. Bacchus and the elect with an unidentified saint between the arch and window, the evangelist Mark and the remains of St. George.
This east-facing equestrian saint above the western spandrel of the southern arcade is popularly believed to have been St. George. Only the bottom of a white horse crossing a fish-filled sea is still extant.
A view of the south arcade of the nave with the evangelists St. Matthew and St. Mark in the spandrels, Elijah and Elisha above St. Matthew and St. Julian the Old Man beneath him on the pillar and what is believed to be the remains of St. George above St. Mark.
Apostles are visible on the triumphal arch over the semi-dome of the apse. On the chancel screen are the remnants of the Parable of the Wise and Foolish Virgins.
Tags: 1207/08, An Nabk, Apostles, Chancel Screen, Church, Deir Mar Musa, Deir Mar Musa al-Habashi, Fresco, Iconostasis, Mar Musa al-Habashi, Monastery, St. George, St. Julian of the East, St. Julian the Old Man, St. Mark, St. Matthew, Syria, Wise and Foolish Virgins
This small saint is inserted between St. Bacchus to the west and a damaged figure believed to have been St. George to the east. Its diminutive size is because it is sandwiched between the highest part of an arch and a window in the clerestory.
The Church of St. George in the village of Nakipari in the Ipari community in Svaneti is C10th and is known for its animal sculptures on the eastern façade of the building as well as for the interior frescoes painted by Tevdoré.