Dzveli Gavazi is the name given to a church dated to the C6th in the village of Alkhalsopeli at the foot of the Caucasus near Dagestan. The church has been changed since the C6th, especially with the addition of an ambulatory that wraps around three-quarters of the building. The church was restored in 1852 and an inscription raised to commemorate this, and has also undergone restoration by the National Agency for the Cultural Preservation of Georgia.
The ruined church outside the village of Akhalsopeli is believed locally to be dedicated to Davit Gareja. It is a ruined single-naved church of uncertain date.