This painting is on the east wall of the north aisle of the monastery chapel and is believed to have been painted in the area of the church used as a baptistery as a broken font was discovered in the valley below the church and has now been replaced in the north aisle. These frescoes are part of the second cycle painted in the chapel and date to 1095.
Date of Visit
3rd May 2003
Metadata and all media released under Creative Commons unless otherwise indicated
Emma Loosley, “Fresco of the Baptism of Christ,” Architecture and Asceticism, accessed July 23, 2018, http://architectureandasceticism.exeter.ac.uk/items/show/528.